I'm always coming to you guys with blogs that inform and leave a message on your minds and heart. Well this entry is what i like to call funny/serious and this is for those who like myself has met someone and have recently started dating. Now here comes the holidays and your are thinking in your head "Finally someone to answer the question, so are you dating?" and then you wish a large spotlight shines down on your date and a background announcer introduces him or her. Yeah that would be great, but there is this thing called reality that may not let that scenario happen. So here are some of my tips on 3 month dating and holidays:
3 Month Dating Holiday Rules
1. Gifts are appreciated, they are appreciated more when you pick on something through general conversation that they may have mentioned they wanted, so be attentive.
2. Do not leave kids out, you knew they came with kids after a few conversations be as godly as possible and take car of the kids and the elderly please geesh. (Only if asked to be a participant)
3. We will have our own SEPARATE Christmas I wont merge you into my dysfunction any earlier than 6 months tops, gives you time to build your tolerance level and possibly mine because only God knows whats going on with your people (insert no shade here)
4. For those with the over-achiever spirit now is a time to put it away because it is the most small simple intimate moments that make the best memories, so don't go get a big ass tree and a dancing Santa when its just you and them tone it down.
5. Invites are acceptable if that person has no family or no place to go, show kindness God will smile on you for it.
6. Don't volunteer too much information too soon, you are not at a interview stage point in your relationship there is no need to submit work info, gym info, etc. that's how pop ups happen NOPE!
7. Most importantly don't start making wedding plans after one successful holiday you make plans after the 3rd horrific dysfunctional one if you haven't left by then you wont be leaving face it.
Now I'm no expert so by all means you don't have to follow these particular rules however, I have lived and learned and it comes with experience. But if you feel as if hell maybe you have tried it all and why not try one more thing...just thank me later....just kidding!
Peace and Blessings,
"Buzzworthy Cravings, Creatively Satisfied!"
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Friday, November 20, 2015
I believe the old saying goes "What you eat don't make me shit", meaning what you have going on has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have going on. Yet it seems as if social media and over heated emotions has made it available for other to state opinion and abrasively place their distaste of others life decisions. Cyber bullying is the act or harming or harassing via any type of information technology (computer, laptop, cell phone, tablet/IPad). According to U.S. Legal Definitions, cyber-bullying could be limited to a person spreading rumors or gossips about a person on the internet bringing about hatred in other's minds; or it may go as far as personally identifying victims and publishing materials that may cause severe damage to their character and humiliating them. Now
Cyber-bullying became the focus when young teenagers would get online whether it be chat rooms or social media sites (Myspace) and basically say anything they wanted with no consequences behind it, mind it I said TEENAGERS someone will catch that later however I digress. However I have witness a large portion of adults forming on the same platforms now (Facebook now gives you the option to set up your own "groups") as well as other social media outlets and truly fulfilling the true definition of "cyberbullying". I have personally witness some things so horrendous on my TL and I sit and what other find entertaining my first thought is "Where is that person's mind frame right now". I say that because 1 in 4 adults which is approximately 61.5 million Americans alone suffer from some sort of mental disorder or illness with only a 25% of them actually knowing and recognizing it. I also know because I am one in that 61.5 million. So whenever I see it I have now learned not to even look and follow the entertainment, that is even worse, because lets just say this embarrassment was the last one that this person could take. Because you never fully know what all a person truly has going on in their life what if this social media spectacle was all that they could bare and the only way they see out is death. Because the truth is suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S. (more common than homicide) and the third leading cause of death for ages 15 to 24 years. Also Proverbs 18:21 states "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and those that love it shall eat the fruit therof. Now is where my title become full circle. The moment that you get online, no the moment the thought comes in your head on what you plan to say and or do to bring this persons character and self esteem down to its complete lowest you are in the act of committing verbal and cyber homicide.
Here is where my confusion comes in and also my unwarranted opinion. The simple question is WHAT IN THE ENTIRE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU? No, seriously. I mean can you take this person business or embarrassment and go to your leasing office and drop it off and say "Hey here's Jane Doe's business is that enough for this month rent?" You can not call you local light company up and say "Hey did you know Bobby XYZ did this, ok does this take of my balance?" Each and every time guaranteed they person on the other end is going so to say and followed by a very confused look. You gained 0.00 extra on your check for tearing down someone, you gain NOTHING. It also make me wonder what issues as an adult have you not worked out from your childhood, yes childhood because your behavior is that of a child. The overwhelming part about it is, this behavior is coming from adults with kids, who are doing nothing but raising another generation of verbal and cyber homicidal people. I ask beg and plead, when does this cycle end? When will we go back to the days of using social media for its actual intent, to be social with family friends that you don't have immediate contact with. I am pretty sure it was create with the intent to unify instead its causing people to loose their lives. Can we please take back social media for its actual intent, uplift and not destroy is the key.
Peace and Blessings
"Buzzworthy Cravings, Creatively Satisfied!"